Wednesday 7 August 2019

Chosen by Shadows by Basia Pike


Stars: ★★★★★
More info
Buy from here

Hayley is a girl with a tough past and a tough present. When her best friend finds a mysterious artifact and is dragged into hell, Hayley has no other choise but to follow. There she meets fallen angels and demons who all more or less wants her dead. The king of Hell, Lucifer, however, is very protective over her. This leads to a wild adventure, especially when it turns out that God isn't at all good and wants her dead more than anything.

Things I liked

I like the whole consept of fallen angels and angels in general. Also, the idea that God might not be as saintly as people believe was a fresh perspective. I know that this might not sit well with a lot of people, but to me this consept works and the book is only fiction anyway. 
I also like the characters. I especially like Lucifer and Gabriel. They just work for me. They are interesting and I really want them to get their happy ending. 

Things I did not like 

The plot of the story is good, but sometimes it feels like it gets a bit stuck. I also would have liked a little bit more romance. 

Conclusion

Altogether, this book is great. I really, really enjoyed reading it. I cannot wait to read the next installment in the series and see what happens next. 

* ARC received through Book Sirens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light, Camera, Murder by Nikki Haverstock

Lights, Camera, Murder by Nikki Haverstock My rating: 4 of 5 stars General info Aspiring other Melissa gets asked to take part in a reali...