Tuesday 6 August 2019

Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore


Stars: ★★★★★
More info from Goodreads
Pre-order from Amazon
Publishing date September, 3rd, 2019


General info 

Annabelle is a poor girl from the countryside who gets into the first female college at Oxford university. She’s actively trying to get government to give women the vote.
Then there is Duke of Montgomery. He’s all about duty and when he meets Annabelle, his life turns upside down. They go through ups and downs when they face the expectations of the society and other obstacles. This is a beautiful story about real love and soul mates. 

Things I liked

I have to say I really like the poor country girl and a rich duke set up a lot. It might be a bit cliche but not in a historical romance usually. I also really like the characters and especially Annabelle. She’s strong, inspiring and clever. And I appreciate Montgomery too. He’s brilliant and in the end he does the right thing. 

Things I didn’t like 

At least right now, there’s nothing I could say that I didn’t like. Well certain characters but I guess that’s a given with any book and that’s good thing really. 

Conclusion

All in all, this book is great. It has strong characters, a beautiful plot and it truly shows the type of life women had in the past. The happy ending truly was just the cherry on top. 

* ARC received from the publisher through First to Read scheme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light, Camera, Murder by Nikki Haverstock

Lights, Camera, Murder by Nikki Haverstock My rating: 4 of 5 stars General info Aspiring other Melissa gets asked to take part in a reali...