Friday 31 May 2019

The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams


Stars: ★★★★★
Pre-Order here
More info here 


General info 

Gavin and Thea rushed into marriage and now three years later it’s catching up with them. Thea wants divorce and Gavin is willing to do anything to win her back but is that enough? Thea also has to work through her troubled childhood to be able to fully engage in her marriage. 

Things I liked 

I love, love, love the book. It’s a brilliant story and it fully restores my faith that I will find my perfect match someday. I love the idea that real men will read romance books and that they actually study and enjoy them at least to some extent. 
The characters were great, especially Gavin and the rest of the bromance book club members. 
The story itself is beautiful and I like that there are actually chapters from the romance novel Gavin is reading in the book. 

Things I did not like 

First, I have to say there is not many things that I didn’t like. 
Thea and Thea’s reluctance to do anything to fight for her marriage pissed me of at first. And she was just full on ready to run.
Second, I didn’t like Liv. If I had a sister and she was like Liv in a situation like the one in the book I would not be happy. 

Conclusion 

All in all, this was a brilliant book. I enjoyed it immensely and I’m a bit sad that I’m finished with it. The author’s writing style was also pleasant and I wouldn’t mind reading more from her. I recommend this book to everyone from the bottom of my heart. 

* free copy of the book received from the publisher through the First to Read scheme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light, Camera, Murder by Nikki Haverstock

Lights, Camera, Murder by Nikki Haverstock My rating: 4 of 5 stars General info Aspiring other Melissa gets asked to take part in a reali...