Saturday 30 June 2018

Odyssey in a Teacup by Paula Houseman


"Life is a tragicomedy"


This book is amazing. I haven't read too many coming-of-age stories so I haven't much to compare this story to, but it is hilarious and quite serious at the same time. It was interesting and it woke my empathetic side up even though I can't really relate to many things that Ruth has to g through. However, I think, at some point, all of go through some kind of need to fit in and we try to do that by changing ourselves in someways. In that aspect, everybody can relate to something the characters go through in the book. 
The story itself is very interesting and I love the ending although there is a bit of a cliffhanger. I love the way this story is told, and I truly enjoyed all the hilarious and humiliating stories Ruth tells from her life.
The book is made even better by all the great characters. At times, I laughed so hard at their antics that people were staring. I especially love both Ruth who is the main character and Ralph. They just somehow made their home in my brain. I truly loved and truly enjoyed reading this book.

*I was provided with a complimentary copy of this book so I could give an honest review.

You can find more from this book here and you purchase the book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light, Camera, Murder by Nikki Haverstock

Lights, Camera, Murder by Nikki Haverstock My rating: 4 of 5 stars General info Aspiring other Melissa gets asked to take part in a reali...